Benefits of Instant Turf
Homeowners often think that instant turf as the expensive option, but is it really expensive when compared to other options for outdoor surfaces?
Below is a table comparing instant turf with other surfaces, the results may surprise you...
Costing based on a surface area of 10m2
|Garden Bed plantings||$498.00||$2300.00|
Includes costs for: site preparation; underlay; soil; surface preparation; supply; install; and optional finishing.
Data sourced from the Landscape Association of NSW. Figures based on domestic-type works. For more accurate and commercial pricing please contact your local Turf Grower.
Turf not only plays a significant role in the beauty and comfort of the Australian landscape but it also has essential environmental benefits.
Turf also has other benefits such as:
* Acting as a dust and water filter, which is very important in today's urban areas.
* Turf is a very efficient form of erosion control, promoting water percolation rather than runoff.
* Turf grass captures and uses greenhouse gases, thereby counteracting climate change, turf also serves as a natural air-conditioner, the difference in temperature and comfort between standing on pavement and turf on a hot day is measurable.
Environmental Benefits such as:
* Increased property value, it is well known that maintained landscapes and turf sell homes quicker and for higher values.
* Turf and green spaces provide therapeutic benefits. Grassy areas such as parks, golf courses, and homes can create feelings of peacefulness.
* Turf grass is also an integral part of enjoying recreational activities, sports such as football, soccer, golf and cricket are all part of a lot of Australian's lifestyles and all require turf grass, helping to absorb physical impact, provide traction and cushioning, and delivers a safer playing surface than bare soil or other artificial surfaces.Click Here to read more about why Artificial Turf is not a substitute for Turf Grass
Please note: Where 'New Content' is written at the top of an article this content has been added by the new owners of this website. If 'New Content' is not written, the information is from the previous site owner.