As many people who have visited The Lawn Guide over the years, and since our first launch in 2008, they would have also noticed that every so often we do a complete refresh of our site to keep us modern and up to date, and always fresh.
On the 1st of May 2015, and after many months of rebuilding from scratch - we launched Version 4 of The Lawn Guide, which I hope will be lot more user friendly, as well as Mobile friendly, and a lot more focussed on both quality and our only purpose - which is lawn care.
At each one of these site refreshes, I’ve always added new content, and always kept branching the scope of what we talk about with lawn care into newer areas of lawn care topics. And this latest update of The Lawn Guide is no different.
Though this time, our new directions will be a little different from the last refreshes. Rather than to keep expanding into more and more areas of everything to do with lawn care imaginable, this update will be mostly focussed on streamlining the entire purpose and functionality and quality of The Lawn Guide.
This streamlining of The Lawn Guide is underway right now.
And here’s what we’re doing:
Every single article on The Lawn Guide is now being reviewed, edited and updated. This is underway right now, as I work my way through every article and category on this site.
Every part of the site is being refreshed.
Goodbye To Our Lawn Forum
Our lawn forum has already been removed, and it will not be restored. And while it had been closed from new posts for a while, I do know that it contained a lot of useful information for lawn owners, which is why it was kept up until this point. But times must move on, and we also must continue to refine and refocus just what The Lawn Guide is, and what it is about, which is the point of this entire update process. So it’s goodbye to our lawn forum.
See also below - No More Turf Industry Articles.
As a rough estimate, we have up to 20 articles which are already slated to be removed during this site upgrade. Turf industry articles, articles which seem to double up with other articles, short articles which may be merged with other articles, and articles which have veered off course from speaking only about lawn care, lawn mower reviews for mowers that are no longer available, and any other article which is not directly and only about lawn care - will all go.
This is a full streamlining of The Lawn Guide website, rebuilt from the ground up, and into every nook and cranny of the site. Every single aspect of The Lawn Guide is right now undergoing review and improvement.
Returning us back to our start - which is all about freely sharing good quality lawn care tips.
No More Contact Form
Our contact form has also already been removed.
Sadly this just became too overwhelming for me to sometimes spend up to 10 hours a week to answer lawn care advice questions around the country. Over the years - this was a big loss of family and free time, and this was not only done happily, but also freely. Today though, it is time for this to change too, it’s time to take some time back.
Lawn Care Videos
It was my intention to remove the lawn videos from the site, but under further consideration, I will be keeping them.
There are many other little changes and improvements which will be undertaken at this same time - but really aren’t worth going into here.
I am also contemplating a couple of other bigger changes for The Lawn Guide as well.
I won’t discuss these considerations at this point, but will continue to consider these things over the next couple of weeks as I continue the reviews and refinements to The Lawn Guide as I gradually work through the entire site.
It’s All About Lawn Care
This is the biggest refresh The Lawn Guide has ever undertaken in the past 7 years.
And as The Lawn Guide continues to transform over the next weeks, our entire focus is all about returning The Lawn Guide back to its very roots. To be all about freely sharing lawn care advice with Australian homeowners. But at a much higher standard and higher quality, refining and continuing to ensure we are concentrating solely on our core love and our core purpose, that everyone can have a beautiful lawn… and that perhaps we can help with that - wherever we can, with some simple lawn care tips.
Here's how we're doing so far:
20 May 2015
- reviewed and edited every article in 'General Lawn Care' category
21 May 2015
- Welcome to The New Lawn Guide - article published - you're reading it now
- reviewed and edited every article in 'Lawn Watering' category
- reviewed and edited every article in 'Lawn Mowing' category
- removed 2 articles in 'Lawn Mowing' category - due to redundancy
22 May 2015
- moved 1 article from "Lawn Varieties' to the better suited category of 'General Lawn Care'
- removed 3 articles in the 'Lawn Varieties' category - due to being off topic from our core purpose of offering lawn care advice
24 May 2015
- completed reviews and edits of every article in 'Lawn Varieties' category
25 May 2015
- moved 2 articles from "Lawn Blog' to better suited categories
- removed 6 articles in the 'Lawn Blog' category - due to being off topic from our core purpose of offering lawn care advice
- review and edit of every article in 'Lawn Blog' category
- updated one of our most commonly used phrases across the site
- reviewed and edited every article in 'Organic Lawn Care' category
- removed 1 article from 'Organic Lawn Care' category - for too closely resembling another similar article
26 May 2015
- completed reviews and edits of every article in 'Zoysia Grass' category
- removed 1 article in the 'Zoysia Grass' category - due to being off topic from our core purpose of offering lawn care advice
27 May 2015
- completed reviews and edits of every article in 'Lawn Repair' category
28 May 2015
- completed reviews and edits of every article in 'Lawn Weeds Pests and Diseases' category
- all article reviews have now been completed
- the 'offline' version of The Lawn Guide will now undergo reviews of all images, and adding new articles
- the finalised updated version of The Lawn Guide will be uploaded to our new (faster) host next week
1 June 2015
- we're back to our faster host
- almost all changes are now complete
- time to take a break - and review our final changes in the next few weeks
Thank you to all our readers over the past 7 years, and to everyone who has supported us, and to all the good and kind people and families I’ve spoken to and emailed with over the years.
I do hope you enjoy our new site.
From my family to yours - thank you.
Here’s to the future, and to healthy green lawns for all.